Current:Home > ScamsFormer Nickelodeon Stars to Detail Alleged Abuse in Quiet on Set Docuseries -MoneyStream
Former Nickelodeon Stars to Detail Alleged Abuse in Quiet on Set Docuseries
Algosensey View
Date:2025-04-07 01:14:21
Nickelodeon alums are speaking out.
Investigation Discovery (ID) released the trailer for its docuseries Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV Feb. 8, which the true crime networks says "uncovers the toxic and dangerous culture behind some of the most iconic children's shows of the late 1990s and early 2000s."
During these decades, Dan Schneider worked on many popular Nickelodeon shows—with him writing for All That and creating programs like The Amanda Show, Zoey 101, iCarly and Victorious. And while reporter Kate Taylor described him in the trailer as one time being "Nickelodeon's Golden Boy," allegations present his time working with the brand in a different light.
"For 20 years, he shaped children's entertainment and culture," reporter Scaachi Koul explained in the clip. "But that marked one of the darkest chapters."
Quiet on Set, premiering in March, explores "an insidious environment rifle with allegations of abuse, sexism, racism and inappropriate dynamics with underage stars and crew," according to its press release.
ID notes the four-part series includes interviews with former All That director Virgil Fabian as well as the sketch comedy show's cast members Giovonnie Samuels, Kyle Sullivan, Bryan Hearne and Katrina Johnson in which they share their behind-the-scenes experiences. Zoey 101 actress Alexa Nikolas, Double Dare host Marc Summers and The Amanda Show writers Jenny Kilgen and Christy Stratton are also featured.
"These interviews, woven with archival footage (some of which has never been broadcast), scenes from the shows and social media commentary, will recontextualize many moments within these series that may have seemed silly or off when first aired but now carry a much darker undertone," the release states about the series, "offering a powerful reframing of these beloved shows."
Nickelodeon and Schneider announced in 2018 that they were no longer working together.
In a 2021 interview with The New York Times, Schneider said he never acted inappropriately with people he worked with—stating, "I couldn't, and I wouldn't have the long-term friendships and continued loyalty from so many reputable people if I'd mistreated my actors of any age, especially minors."
Schneider also told the newspaper that if people considered him "difficult," this was because of his "high standards." As he put it, "I'm very willing to defend creative things that I believe in."
Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV will premiere over the course of two nights on ID, airing March 17 and then March 18 starting at 9 p.m. EST.
E! News has reached out to Schneider and Nickelodeon for comment but has yet to hear back.
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (997)
Related
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- What will Federal Reserve do next? Any hint of future rate hikes will be key focus of latest meeting
- Good chance Congress will pass NCAA-supported NIL bill? Depends on which senator you ask
- Chelsea Clinton hopes new donations and ideas can help women and girls face increasing challenges
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Fentanyl found under sleeping mats at Bronx day care where 1-year-old child died
- What we know about the Marine Corps F-35 crash, backyard ejection and what went wrong
- Israel’s Netanyahu to meet with Biden in New York. The location is seen as a sign of US displeasure
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Chick-fil-A plans UK expansion after previously facing backlash from LGBTQ rights activists
Ranking
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- Overhaul of Ohio’s K-12 education system is unconstitutional, new lawsuit says
- Polish police briefly detain lawmaker who interrupted prime minister’s speech
- Consumers can now claim part of a $245 million Fortnite refund, FTC says. Here's how to file a claim.
- South Korea's acting president moves to reassure allies, calm markets after Yoon impeachment
- New features in iOS 17 that can help keep you safe: What to know
- 15 Things Under $50 That Can Instantly Improve Your Home Organization
- RHOC's Tamra Judge Reveals Conversation She Had With Shannon Beador Hours After DUI Arrest
Recommendation
What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
Overhaul of Ohio’s K-12 education system is unconstitutional, new lawsuit says
Maryland officials announce $120M for K-12 behavioral health services
Japan records a trade deficit in August as exports to China, rest of Asia weaken
Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
At new mental health courts in California, judges will be able to mandate treatment
Jurors, witnesses in synagogue massacre trial faced threats from this white supremacist
Police say a Virginia mom, her 3 kids are missing. Her husband says he's not concerned.